Just found this in my inbox—another great organ workshop. And it’s FREE!
Dear Organ Friends,
The Utah Valley Chapter of the American Guild of Organists is presenting a Super Saturday follow-up organ training workshop. This mini-workshop will be Saturday morning, September 14, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. It will be held at the American Fork Stake Center which is located at 240 South Center Street in American Fork. Below is a list of the topics to be covered:
• Preparing for each specific Sunday (not just winging it)
• Effective prelude and postlude
• adapting the hymns, other resources
• Registration basics (avoid the piston trap — all hymns shouldn’t sound the same)
• Proper tempo and volume
• Technique (proper use of pedals and legato fingering)
So, if you could not make it to the main Super Saturday event; or, you would like to continue your organ training, feel free to come. Please forward this email and tell any others who may be interested. We will see there!
Utah Valley Chapter AGO