If You are Called Upon to Play
prelude poll—how noisy is your ward?
Go to our Polls page for additional organist polls.
are you an lds organist?
If you have served as an organist in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we want to hear from you!
Take a quick poll in the sidebar above or on the Polls page
Fill out the organist survey
on the Questionnaire page
Get help with your calling
Submit your question on the Discussion page
Contribute to the blog
Email your submission to
• I’ve been playing the pedals in stocking feet for awhile and my friend told me I should get organ shoes. Just wondering—what do other organists think about shoes vs stocking feet?
• What should I do when the sacrament hymn is done, but the priests aren't? I really don’t like playing the same hymn over and over.
Read answers to these and other questions and share your own thoughts on the Discussion page.
- Florence on Forum
- Kirsten Halverson Johnston on Forum
- John Snow on When One Door Closes . . .
- Kathleen Israelsen on Discussion
- Diane Villafane on Attention All Organists: a way to improve your playing…Guaranteed!
- Linda Wells on Working with Church Leaders
- Florence on Working with Church Leaders
- hhstuart on Attention All Organists: a way to improve your playing…Guaranteed!
search posts by tagAcceptance Albert Schweitzer American Guild of Organists Atonement BYU California Charity Christmas Church music Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Clay Christiansen Confidence Decisions Doug Bush Electronic organ Faith Funeral General Conference George Wright God God's Tutoring Process Gordon B Hinckley Healing Health Humor Hymns Idaho Joseph Smith J S Bach Late Bloomer LDS Conference Center Learning Leon Berry Mormon Tabernacle Organists Moses Music Musical composition Musical instruments Music Director Ohio Organ Organist Organ Technique Overcoming obstacles Parables Passover Perfectionism Pianist to Organist Pipe organ Postlude Prelude Provo Tabernacle Quotes Recital Registration Religion and Spirituality Richard Elliott Sacrament Meeting SALSA Salt Lake Tabernacle Self-talk Service Service Playing Sight reading Singing Soli Deo gloria Talents Temple Organist Tennessee Theodor Leschetizky Trials Unity Utah Ward Organist Worship
provo city center temple work cam link