If You are Called Upon to Play
prelude poll—how noisy is your ward?
Go to our Polls page for additional organist polls.
are you an lds organist?
If you have served as an organist in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we want to hear from you!
Take a quick poll in the sidebar above or on the Polls page
Fill out the organist survey
on the Questionnaire page
Get help with your calling
Submit your question on the Discussion page
Contribute to the blog
Email your submission to
• I’ve been playing the pedals in stocking feet for awhile and my friend told me I should get organ shoes. Just wondering—what do other organists think about shoes vs stocking feet?
• What should I do when the sacrament hymn is done, but the priests aren't? I really don’t like playing the same hymn over and over.
Read answers to these and other questions and share your own thoughts on the Discussion page.
provo city center temple work cam link
- Karen Sasine on Does Anyone Watch the Music Director?
- Florence on Appreciating Music the Way God Appreciates Music
- Erin J. on Appreciating Music the Way God Appreciates Music
- Janet Ollman Blackmer on Appreciating Music the Way God Appreciates Music
- Florence on Why I Like Being Ward Organist
- Patricia on Why I Like Being Ward Organist
- Mark N. on Why I Like Being Ward Organist
- Janet Ollman Blackmer on If You Ever Play the BYU Marriott Center Organ
- Appreciating Music the Way God Appreciates Music
- Pringles Pipe Organ
- Washington SALSA: Linda Wells
- Does Anyone Watch the Music Director?
- If You Ever Play the BYU Marriott Center Organ
- A Great Organ Workshop . . . And It’s Free!
- Prelude Music for Free, Please?
- A Quote Worth Sharing
- At the Organ Bench—finding the right position
- Nevada SALSA: Delightfully Lemmon
search posts by tagAcceptance Albert Schweitzer American Guild of Organists Atonement BYU California Charity Christmas Church music Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Clay Christiansen Confidence CS Lewis Decisions Doug Bush Electronic organ Fugue Funeral General Conference George Wright God God's Tutoring Process Gordon B Hinckley Healing Health Humor Hymns Idaho Joseph Smith J S Bach Late Bloomer LDS Conference Center Leon Berry Mormon Tabernacle Organists Moses Music Musical composition Music Director Ohio Organ Organist Organ Technique Overcoming obstacles Parables Passover Perfectionism Pianist to Organist Pipe organ Postlude Prelude Provo Tabernacle Quotes Recital Registration Religion & Spirituality Religion and Spirituality Richard Elliott Sacrament Meeting SALSA Salt Lake Tabernacle Service Playing Sight reading Singing Soli Deo gloria Talents Temple Organist Tennessee Theodor Leschetizky Three Blind Mice Umpire Unity Utah Victor Hugo Ward Organist Worship
search site by keyword
search posts by date